Improving the interface (w.r.t. scrollbars)

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 01:06:24 UTC 2001

=> 3/6/01 7:09:52 PM EST, dshafer at yahoo.com =>
<< I have just begun showing my wife Squeak. She's a complete non-programmer.
What she latched onto was the Project concept. ... She's a user and she wants
things _her_ way. >>

Dan,

In the last few years, I have been drawn to present some topics out of Squeak
to many of my friends and relatives who are non-programmers. One or another
feature has usually been the focus of their (and my) attention at the time.
Squeak is providing a very fertile field (must be all the BS :-) ) for
interesting new and novel ideas -- including many which can be understood by
normal mortals. Often something in the PWS arena has been a topic. People
find it easy to relate to "new paradigms of communication." After all, they
now know E-mail, they've sent an attachment which is a Word file (OWHY), they
know a web browser, perhaps they've seen ... and ... . They're sitting ducks
(metaphorically speaking) for new ideas which are coming from a new direction
but which don't require a computer science education to grasp.

Cheers,
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated