[OT]Re: Browser Plugin 3.0 update

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Thu Mar 29 17:43:17 UTC 2001

> headlong into this issue. (e.g. Assorted versions of
> Internet Explorer ASSUME the anything ending in .com
> is a binary image. Oops.... on VMS they are ASCII DCL
> command files (the DOS equivalent being a .BAT) and
It can be even worse when IE looks at the file and regardless of the
extension decides it's e.g. a zip file (happens with Squeak project .pr
files).

I hate things that do something automatically, that's why I work with
computers :-]

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill