Against wastefull forks (Re: Taking Ownership of Squeak (WAS Re: Python at Disney))

Bob Hartwig bob at bobjectsinc.com
Sun Mar 11 06:05:14 UTC 2001

Just one more thing on the subject of forking, and I will retire from this
thread.

Why are we discussing a hypothetical fork, when the Stable Squeak fork
already exists?  Peoples' concerns about modularity and stability are both
important driving factors for Stable Squeak, and progress is already being
made.

If you are contemplating a fork, check out Stable Squeak and see if you can
join forces.  If you are against a fork, you're too late; it's already
happened.  Start arguing against a second fork, which probably *would* be
wasteful.

	-Bob