Political Postings...

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Thu May 24 14:04:50 UTC 2001

Jon, I agree with you...to an extent.  The legal and political climate as it
impacts intellectual property (itself a legal concept) and hence Squeak are
of great importance.  Politicians, when empowered to establish public policy
on topics for which they lack understanding is a dangerous thing, and it is
everyone's duty to voice their opinion on these matters (but perhaps not in
this forum).

Should it be allowed to degenerate into an ideological flame war?...no,
that's not productive, but, you are right...it's very easy for that to
happen.  And, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that ideology became a
substitute for thoughtful debate.

- Stephen