latest and greatest iPAQ Squeak?

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Tue May 1 00:56:21 UTC 2001

  Hi,

> 	So, what's the latest and greatest Squeak system for the iPAQ 3600
> series, and where can I get all the bits (build environment and
> image/changes/sources)?

  The latest (though it hasn't changed since the last time I
announced) executable and the project tree is at
www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/iPAQ.

  In my opnion, the upside of WinCE VM is possible early
access to the drivers for new peripherals, easier to
install, and more update of VM source, because it shares
most of code with Windows VM.

  The downside of WinCE VM is less "hackability" Kevin
calls, and less enthusiastic and supportive community.

  For example, this is a situation I'm having now.  I'm
writing a code that uses the network from Squeak via Lucent
802.11 network card.  It simply works.  This is nice.
However, I found that the screen flickers/flashes when I use
the network.  I couldn't figure out why and I couldn't
figure out why Internet Explorer doesn't have this problem.

-- Yoshiki