Mac VM 3.0.14 ships.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu May 10 22:36:01 UTC 2001

The macintosh 3.0Alpha14MT VM, May 9th 2001
This VM was built with the base  3.x image at change set #3987.

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.0/mac/

What has been fixed/changed.
v3.0.14 at change set #3987

(Note plugin goes to 3.0.17)

1) sqMacDirectory.c. The pathlookup would handle the case of
foo:bar::do incorrectly by ignoring the :: path redirection. This has
been fixed. However a path lookup will not work if it contains :: and
an aliased directory in the middle of the path.

2) sqMacSecurity.c. The pathname for the untrustedUserDirectory was
built incorrectly, and the bug mentioned above in sqMacDirectory.c
usually kept this from being noticed.

3) sqMacWindow.c  we added some logic to do the delay for
primitiveRelinquishProcessor, but found it had an large effect on a
freecell benchmark. I suspect on a Morpic step wait there is nothing
to do, so primitiveRelinquishProcessor gets called which then affects
response time. So for now we revert to the 3.0.11 behavior, good
performance and 100% CPU usage!

4) GetAttribute 1004 returns returns interpreterVersion; which is for example
"Squeak3.1alpha of 6 February 2001 [latest update: #3987]"

5) When in full screen mode we now attempt to disable resizing,
zooming, or moving the window. The window borders are hidden, but in
the past it was feasible to grab an edge and alter it, thus confusing
the VM.

6) Worked on Carbonizing the browser plugin

7) 3977 & 3978 FloatArray fixes. Makes float arrays go through a new
(and working) version of #primitiveHash

8) Fixed problem with accidental mouse clicks being triggered from
pulldown menus on application switching.

9)
"Change Set:		3984 BitBltExtensions-ar
Date:			4 May 2001
Author:			Andreas Raab

The change set includes various extensions for BitBlt with the goal
of migrating the useful features from FXBlt into the general BitBlt
mechanisms.