Squeak for 3-year-olds

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Tue May 1 06:57:29 UTC 2001

Cees de Groot wrote:
> Well, I removed the current version of the plugin, and it happily detects that
> I'm on a Mac (while I am on Linux in fact). Replacing "mac" with "linux" in
> the resulting URL gives me a Linux page with the message "click on the image
> to download the plugin". Doing that, I'm redirected to a "notyet" page :-(.

Hmm, I must confess I neglected the Linux download on the squeakland
pages.

> Anyway, I managed to get a number of the projects going directly from Squeak
> with Project class>>fromUrl:, but the one I'm most interested in (the
> introduction for elementary school - AATopLevelProject) hangs Squeak
> immediately upon loading (both 2.8 and 3.0 VM's with all the updates for 3.1);
> the second-most interesting project (Animations) has all the subprojects
> behind a password-protected FTP URL...

There are couple of updates in the squeakland image that are not in the
mainstream image yet.

A liiittllle more patience, Linux stuff coming really soon now ;-)

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill