Community and Artifact Define One Another (Was: SqF purpose:supporting the Squeak community?)

Fernando Soteras fersoteras at arnet.com.ar
Sat May 26 00:45:59 UTC 2001

> Yes. Physicists I talked to denied that Popper's "Scientific Method" had
> anything to do with what they did and were more inclined to a
> Feyerabendian view of the process. Except they had little time for
> Feyerabend because he seemed to be "attacking science" on the basis of
> what Popper said scientists did!

On page 62 of his book "Against method" Feyerabend confuses Boltzman's
formula (that gives the denity of the probability of a dynamic system being
in equilibrium) with  a non-relationable-by-substitution  theorem of
statistical mechanics(equipartition pple).
 The previous bug extracted from a nice  refutation of Lakatos
& Feyerabend historicist
divagations on Mario Bunge's "Seudoscience and Ideology"
Saludos,
Fernando

PD: M.Bunge rules!!!