the "script manager" in Stable Squeak

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu May 24 17:06:14 UTC 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001 12:53:39 -0400, you wrote:

> To me, this seems like a better way to model the process of issuing a
> "doit"...since it is the user that issues the doit, wouldn't it make sense
> to make the user a real object and the "doit" a method on that object?

I don't know... One of the central tenants of the way that text panes
in Smalltalk work is that DoIts are done in the context of what you're
looking at. Since a workspace really has no central object, nil works
well. In an inspector, the context is the object being inspected. In a
browser, the context is the class being browsed.

If you had a UserWorkspace, then it might make sense to have it use
the current user as the context...

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com