Q: Is the time stamp for an morphic event set by OS?

Mark van Gulik ghoul6 at home.net
Fri May 4 04:37:44 UTC 2001

on 5/2/01 9:45 AM, Dan Ingalls at Dan.Ingalls at disney.com wrote:
[...]
> On Macs, I believe mouse events are polled by the hardware every 16ms, and
> this will limit your resolution as Mark says.

Apple's white paper for their transparent optical mouse states, page 5, (in
the caption) "...the camera captures 1,500 images per second".  Whether the
clicking mechanism and the data transfer protocols can keep up is another
matter.  It is a USB mouse, though, so I can't imagine the CPU polls it.
The time resolution of the USB channel is what, sub-microsecond?  The
latency is probably very small too, as it was designed for devices that send
very short packets of data.