Identifying hardware Hand

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 2 12:18:12 UTC 2001

Is there a reliable method for identifying whether a given Hand is
following the hardware Cursor?  I've identified two possibilities:

HandMorph>>needsToBeDrawn can only be false for the hardware Hand, but
this can give a false negative (on a return value of true).

It might work to test 'aHand class == HandMorph', since there are
HandMorph subclasses for all other Hands I'm aware of, but I'm not
sure.  Is a direct instance of HandMorph guaranteed to be following
the hardware Cursor?

Or is there yet some other possibility which I have missed?

-Jesse