Squeakland.org

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Fri May 4 09:05:17 UTC 2001

Alan Kay wrote:

> Well, this is the way I always run Squeak (in full screen mode).
>
> But one of the reasons I don't like to run as a plugin on the Mac is
> that it seems more fragile than running as a simple app.
>
> Cheers,

What motivated you to do all the work of writing browser plugins, instead of
just making Squeak a helper app?

I always run e.g. Acrobat separately instead of using the plugin for it, and
I guess the reasons I'd prefer to use Squeak like this too is that plugins
become too limiting and hackish once you try to do more than drawing
something on the screen.

Viewing pdfs is even a lot more simplistic than Squeaking, and it's still
too limiting to use a plugin, in my view at least.

Henrik