Can't get past update 4058?

Fleeberz at aol.com Fleeberz at aol.com
Fri May 25 16:06:20 UTC 2001

When I tried loading the latest batch of updates, the process stopped with an
"Array" window on the screen.

Squeak put up a notification:
0 new update file(s) processed.
Could not load 17 update file(s).
Starting with "squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/updates/4059PooLines-ar.cs".

Examining the Array window revealed:
1 -> 'HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:
2-> server aborted early
3-> 'squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/updates/4059PooLines-ar.cs'

I've tried several times, and with different images, but get the same results.

"PooLines?"  is this some karmic revenge for my being in favor of a
newsgroup, or is this really a bug?

Squeak3.1alpha latest update: #4058
Squeak 3.0Alpha16MT VM non-Carbon
Mac OS 8.6, PPC 604ev, 100MB allocated to Squeak

Flee

P.S. I downloaded the changesets from the ftp site, can I file 'em in from my
hard drive? If so, the correct/approved way to do this would be?  thanks.