Squeak textbox and events.

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon May 14 00:09:00 UTC 2001

Just to throw in my 5 cents worth (no 2 cent coins here for years),
I *like* the way Squeak drops the error message in.

+ It really directs my attention to where Squeak ran into trouble.

+ Very often, I *have* to edit in precisely that place anyway.
  Quite often, no extra keystrokes at all are needed.

+ I *have* to do something about the error before saving the text.

What can I say?  I've used a large number of languages and a moderate
number of IDEs over the years, and find that this approach helps more
than it hurts.

About the only criticism I have is that when the problem is too many or
two few square brackets, it would be more useful to have the error message
dropped in at the unmatched bracket.