convincing squeak to use LF instead of CR as the line separator...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed May 23 20:36:01 UTC 2001

[ On Wednesday, May 23, 2001 at 12:50:48 (-0700), Ned Konz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [ENH] B3D Acceleration for X
>
> You can change the default file type to CrLfFileStream by changing FileStream
> class>>concreteStream.

Ah!  Yes, that's the clue I think I need!

> But you may run into other problems unless you make some fixes, because:
> 	* there is still some code (I think) that does not properly set binary mode

Hmmm.... this shouldn't be a problem on Unix.  There is no such thing as
"binary mode" in Unix (it's all "binary"!  :-).  (or do you mean some
binary mode within FileStream?)

> 	* some code (like change set output) really should output CR's for
> consistency (these cases can also be handled using binary mode and Character
> cr).

Yes, I've noticed that.....

But I'm not quite sure I follow your reasoning there....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>