the "script manager" in Stable Squeak

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Thu May 24 20:51:36 UTC 2001

> Thank you for the defense.
> The only defense I can think of is that ...

It might be a good thing to be linguistically aware, and realize that
"defense" implies an "attack".  True, the terms can be used philosophically,
but there is also psychological baggage associated with them.  Perhaps it
would be better to discuss purposes and justifications.

Judging from the discourse so far, (a) there are conjectures about what the
tool is, mostly from people who have never used it; and (b) most of the
discussion seems to be how the concepts might be used, perhaps in some other
fashion.

> While Script Manager is surely very handy in VisualWorks,
> we're talking about *Squeak* here.

Actually, I thought I heard him say that he was doing something that worked
on multiple Smalltalk platforms, not just one.

When the subject first came up, I wasn't sure what to make of it.  But from
the author's description, the script manager sound like a convenient
organizational tool; a library manager.  It might not be your way of doing
things, but isn't that the whole point of a personal environment?

	--- Noel