Subscripts and Superscripts

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed May 2 21:56:11 UTC 2001

Alan -

Sadly, none of the logic is there, though it wouldn't be hard to put in.  I think I've done this before, but I'm not sure what image you are remembering.  I don't think this image ever had it working (it's not in 1.13).

Here's what it would take to get the basics going:

Add an instVar to DisplayScanner for the current subscript offset.
	might be able to get away with just tweaking the current baseline
	but need to be sure to untweak at the end
Add a new type of TextEmphasis to encode superscript and subscript offsets.
Add some UI (tack it onto cmd-6 for now ;-) to set the offset.
Check that all StrikeFonts have this variable set to a reasonable value.

	- Dan