creating a launcher morph

Aron Brener brener at home.com
Sun May 6 01:11:38 UTC 2001

At 1:26 AM +0100 on 5/6/01, John Hinsley wrote:

>Aron Brener wrote:
>

>//snip//
>>
>>  I was looking at a tutorial on how to create a traffic light,
>//snip//
>
>I'm slowly working on an English translation of that tutorial: how's
>your Spanish?

Actually spanish is my first language, so i guess you can say it's
pretty good :-)

I'll be glad to translate it for you, but first I gotta finish this
assignment, due early next week. I've been working on it for months,
and all I need to do is the launcher and a few other small touches.
I'll look at your tutorial. Thanks for the help.

Ari

>>  Am I approaching this completely the wrong way??
>
>Maybe. Really there's no right way. You can either do the morphic stuff
>in a traditional Smalltalk way (writing code) or a direct manipulation
>way (using the scripts, drag and drop and writing as little code as
>possible).
>>
>>  One of the problems I have with morphs is that there seems to be a
>>  lot of "magic" going on behind the scenes,
>
>Direct manipulation allows you to accept and use the magic. Having got
>something up and running by direct manipulation you might like to try
>re-creating (and smoothing off the rough edges) "traditionally".
>
>>  and there's no comprehensive tutorial or a reference guide, or
>>something like >that.
>
>That's true, but a lot of people are working on it. For starters, you
>could take a peek at my Rolodex Tutorial:
>
>http://www.penguin-home.telinco.co.uk/Rolodex_Project/index.html
>
>There's a link in there to Dan Shafer's Counter Tutorial which you might
>also like.
>

>>  Every time I try to look at what's going on it just overwhelms me.
>
>Me too! For the moment I'm trying to accept more, experiment more, and
>look less!
>
>Hope this helps
>
>John
>

>--
>Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
>Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."

Aron Brener, BASc	|   Caminante no hay camino,
brener at home.com	|   se hace camino al andar.