instance referencing

Joshua Channing Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Tue May 15 12:26:56 UTC 2001

If your goal is to try to manipulate the Valves from a Workspace (especially
Valves that have not been created by Workspace code), try the following:

1.  Choose 'start accepting dropping morph for reference' from the Workspace
menu just to the right of the X used to close the window.
2.  Pick up the Valve you want to manipulate and drop it on the Workspace.
A textual reference to it will be inserted at the current selection point.

BTW, that menu label is terrible, but I had a hard time thinking up something
better.  How about 'create textual reference to dropped morphs' with a
checkbox beside it instead?  I'll go do that right now; I'm embarassed to
have the current wording attached to me.

Joshua