Fog Browser: Limiting or focusing browsers

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue May 1 11:17:32 UTC 2001

Hi Ned

>> Does anybody knows if SystemOrganization is directly?
>> Apparently I also made a confusion between SystemOrganizer and Smalltalk.
>
> SystemOrganizer just maps classes to categories.

Yes I saw.
My intention was not to change SystemOrganizers but as I saw that a browser
was using a SystemOrganizer I tried to provide it another one to see what
was happening.

Apparently the current browser does not work on a specific environment but
directly on Smalltalk.

Conceptually I still do not see why a browser should work on a different
namespace because all my classes can be in Smalltalk and I still would like
to see just a subset of them. Then later I can what to see everything then
later filter again some of them.

Can you comment on that ?
Is it my understanding that is wrong or just the way the normal browser
works that forces us to us environment instead of systemOrganizer?
There is something that I missed.