[BUG] Accelerated Wonderland + Viewer

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue May 22 20:52:45 UTC 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Raab, Andreas wrote:

> Bert,
>
> > > Well, not really. Looking at WonderlandCameraMorph>>drawSimulatedOn:
> > > should explain what's going on. If the renderer is an
> > > overlay renderer (e.g., rendering to some OS window) then we dump
> > > it if we go into simulated mode.
> >
> > I just removed the dumping and all is fine.
> [...]
> > It works fine even when dragged!
>
> I'm somewhat surprised to hear this. I would've suspected that X doesn't
> allow parent windows to draw within child windows without setting up some
> specifics.

Yep, I'm puzzled myself ... Haven't tried on another machine yet: this
could well be XFree specific.

> If it's generally true that the parent window can in fact draw in
> the child area you could very simply make glIsOverlayRenderer() return false
> - the entire purpose of this method is to figure out if Squeak can or can
> not draw on top of that context.

But how comes this call isn't used at all? The only sender of
#isOverlayRenderer is in drawSimulatedOn:! And I don't see any difference
in speed whether glIsOverlayRenderer() returns 0 or 1 ...

-- Bert