[BUG] BookMorph Viewer Scripting Menu

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue May 1 17:49:31 UTC 2001

SuSE 6.4
Squeak 3.1alpha update 3960
Current Change Set 3880 HaltUpdate.tk

Ok, so I'm re-doing the Rolodex Tutorial. Or, at least, re-doing the
gifs, which means I have to re-write it.

I want to tweak the Search function of BookMorph so I open up the
viewer. (I'm looking for "Book do menu item"). I note, first, that the
viewer's top menu looks more like a menu, less like an unfurled Roman
scroll.  I click on the menu and note that IIRC the menu has changed.
Completely. No big deal, I'll just click on "basic" ans ask for
"miscellaneous" from the menu.

Immediately the debugger pops up "MessageNotUnderstood:
AllMorphsAndBookPagesInto:" (hey, I only asked for a menu!). And "Book
do menu item" is nowhere to be found.

This seems wierd. I could probably (and it looks like I'll have to!)
find another way of doing what I wanted, but an update which *reduces*
functionality?

Cheers

John

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."