Peculiar Keyboard Input Behavior

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Sat May 12 13:25:21 UTC 2001

While typing today, I experienced some very peculiar behavior in my
image.

1. All of a sudden, keyboard input appears garbled, showing only squares
and occasional greek letters (like Beta) on my Pismo.

2. The problem is solely related to input -- everything else is
displaying fine.

3. The keys are not being properly entered: typing 3+3 and command-P
yields syntax errors.

4. Interestingly, command keys seem to be properly recognized, I can cut
and paste using key commands just fine.

5. Sadly, I saved the image while in this state.  My machine is
otherwise behaving fine.  Restarting the VM didn't help.