Squeak substitute for Dialog warn:

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon May 21 22:28:07 UTC 2001

gb wrote:

> [...]

Yes, it should be possible to do something at least as good in Squeak.
Stephen Stafford has been talking to me about it off list, but I really
need to nail the next couple of TMAs before getting stuck in (I blew
TMA03 because I got so angry with it, so I need a couple in the high
80s/90s so I can relax and have some fun). But after that, maybe we
should all get our heads together and work something out.

I like the idea of the OU using Squeak (it has a combination of
cuteness, power and openess which I find difficult to resist) and it'd
be nice to present them with something which could simply be filed in to
a Squeak on any platform which students happened to have.

I also think that there is much better material out there than the OU
stuff, but that's a matter for their consciences!

Cheers

John

> Regards,
> Gary

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."