[updates] 36 for 3.1alpha

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue May 1 15:34:18 UTC 2001

Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se> replied privately...
>Note that I didn't receive the note about 3911-3923. Sending it out again
>might probably be a good idea, I assume no one got it. This is the identified
>problem with the listserv dropping some postings.

In this particular case, it's not.  I never sent such a message.
But for completeness, here is the note about 3911-3923:

Updates 3911-3923 are missing from the 3.1alpha update stream.

We have moved to a system where the internal and external update streams share the same files, and only the indices (updates.list) are different.  This allows us to do experimental stuff without endangering the whole community, but to release updates that have been tested by just changing the index file.

At the time we made this change, the numbering of the internal and external streams differed by 13, with external 3910 being the same as internal 3923.  Therefore, when I released the last set of updates, 13 sequence numbers were skipped in order to reconcile the two numbering systems.

	- Dan