Problem downloading SqueakPlugin from squeakland.org

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Sat May 5 17:17:41 UTC 2001

Bernhard,
	I had the same thing happen to me. It occurs on the Mac when there
is no web browser on the start up partition. If you add a browser (IE or
Netscape) to the partition then install the plugin, the directory
Preferences:Squeak:Internet will contain NPSqueak. At that point you can
remove browser from the partition. You then can create the alias of
NPSqueak in the plugin directory of your browser, which ever
partition/drive it is located.

>Hi all,
>
>I am having problems installing the SqueakPlug. I managed to download the
>SqueakPluginInstaller. It installed an image and an alias named NPSqueak in
>the folder Preferences:Squeak:Internet. However, the alias does not have an
>original anywhere on my hard disk. When I start IE no plugin is found as a
>consequence.
>
>What could be the reason for that?
>
>-- Bernhard

Roger Whitney              Mathematical & Computer Sciences Department
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720
(619) 583-1978
(619) 594-3535 (office)