More newbie questions!

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun May 20 04:56:54 UTC 2001

On Saturday 19 May 2001 21:53, Galchin Vasili wrote:

>    I successfully loaded my .cs file with fileIn.
> I thought I could execute this file using doIt,
> but that is not correct. Now what? Sorry ...
> I am trying to get upto speed using Squeak book.

What is in the .cs?

A change set is not an executable program. It may allow you to run a program,
but it isn't itself executable.

All it is is code. This code is compiled and becomes part of the system.

You can add executable code to run before and/or after the compilation; this
is how people can make something appear when a change set is loaded.

However, you may have to browse the change set's code (look especially in
class comments or the text of the change set's preamble (in the change
browser)) to figure out how to make anything happen.

Sorry I can't tell you more specifically, but I don't know what you're trying
to do.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA