Squeak for iPAQ

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Fri May 11 07:23:28 UTC 2001

> Switching away from Squeak [on a WinCE iPAQ], and back, is not
> reliable.

	How do <i>you</i> switch away? When I have Squeak in the foreground,
the only hardware button which has any effect is the power button. So I
switch to other tasks by turning the machine off, then pressing the
appropriate hardware button(s)... I also set the audio-record hardware
button to run Squeak, so that it is effectively a "turn the machine on
and resume Squeak" button. :)  Nice, since it's more conveniently
located than the power button (next to my left thumb).

	Wow. In playing around just now I discovered how to halt the Squeak UI
process (pressing alt-period on my external keyboard has no effect).
Turn the power off, press the Compaq menu hardware button, wait for the
Compaq menu to appear, then press the Compaq menu button again. Weird!
But I'll take it. :)

>    4) Launching from File Explore brings up the select window even when
> Squeak is already running, instead of returning you to the already running
> instance.

	Hmm. Invoking Squeak from the Start Menu when Squeak is already running
seems to do the right thing.

-C

--
Craig Latta