[Newbie] getting mouseMove: event in Morphic

Daniel V. Oppenheim music at watson.ibm.com
Fri May 11 22:15:07 UTC 2001

Trying out some basics in Morphic (its great!). I created a Morph sublcass
that gets sent mouseEnter: and mouseLeave: with no problems by overriding
<handlesMouseOver: evt> to return true.

However, couldn't figure out how to track the mouse movement before any
click takes place (overriding <handlesMouseDown: evt> to return true
allowed me to recieve mouseMove: events, but that is only sent if mouse is
mouse down).

I saw references that alluded to there being a < mouseOver:> method but
couldn't find it in the Morph protocol or figure out how to make the system
generate that call. I'm sure this is straight forward -- and would
appreciate a pointer.

Thanks

	Danny Oppenheim
---

Dr. Daniel V.
Oppenheim

	Computer Music Center
	IBM T.J. Watson Research Center	     phone: (914) 945-1989
	P. O. Box 218 (or Route 134)	     fax:   (914) 945-3434
	Yorktown Heights, NY 10598	     www.research.ibm.com/music