External Libs (was Re: libcurl?!)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 1 00:46:56 UTC 2001

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> is widely believed to have written:

> Dare I suggest the VMMaker source tree on sourgeforge.net? Seems that
> would be the logical place for storage of C specific plugins, also
> the fact that many of the libraries some of the plugins need are also
> stored on sourceforge.
It should be a good place for the source code, but I think the original
request was for a place for _compiled_ stuff; in which case Bruce
already administers such a place.

> This also answers the question about FFI, although FFI support isn't
> in the base distribution that shouldn't stop someone from going to
> sourceforge and getting the latest plugin binary, these do exist, but
> the problem is that they are difficult to find right now.
The source code is already there _IF_ it was in the source trees I
grabbed to make the VMMaker tree. I haven't done anything at all to
change whether or not the FFI plugin is buildable; for example the unix
stuff seems to be carefully excluded in the makefile.

tim

Useful random insult:- There are great people in the world, but she's not one of them.