[celeste] moving from Communicator to Celeste....

Andres Valloud sqrmax at prodigy.net
Fri Nov 2 01:10:59 UTC 2001

Hi.

> The problem I do have is simply the huge amount (well, hugeness is
> relative, currently nudging half a gig and all in standard Netscape
> 4.7* on *nix format) of stuff I have to transfer over. It can't be
> as simple as copying all the child directories over, or can it?

FWIW... I know about big email archives... my Netscape mail stuff just
grew over 400mb.  A small piece of advice you probably already know but
just in case... Netscape's mail folder properties display is bugged, it
will only report little space wasted.  However, compress the folders and
kaboom, the folder may be cut in half.  This is especially true of
Inbox, since Netscape won't shrink the file for the folder when you
delete email (I think it just changes the X-Mozilla status header).  So
all the emails that go to any folder make it grow, while only
compressing folders make them shrink, and BTW Netscape's count of wasted
space can be grossly incorrect.

Andres.