Sources of larger size fonts for Squeak

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 04:12:15 UTC 2001

Tom Morgan wrote:

> I found the directions for making and loading some more strike fonts
> into Squeak.
>
> The largest of these are 24 points.
>
> I could use a few basic fonts which are larger, 30+ points, for
> presentations.
>
> Can anyone suggest a source for larger fonts to use with Squeak?

Andreas Raab wrote a nice utility for incorporating TrueType fonts into
Squeak (you'll need access to a Win 32 box to use it) and Bernhard
Pieber wrote a neat fix for a small bug in it.  You'll find them on the
list as:

[ENH][Win32]RE: Font Support   and

[BUG][FIX]FontPlugin glyphs for CRs (was: Re: accented font support in
Squeak)

Andreas' code is well commented (you might want to alter the source to
give you fonts the size you require). Note that if your Squeak is
running on a Windows box, you should re-name Andreas .dll _after_ you've
grabbed the fonts or the spacing will be all squiffy if you use italics.

Given a Windows box, this is probably the easiest way to do it (and you
can always grab more .ttfs from the Web). I think they'll generally go
up to 72 point.

Steve Swerling posted some font utilities last Wednesday which might be
useful.

Have fun!

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep