I have a dream [dream has landed]

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Fri Nov 2 21:35:54 UTC 2001

Oh yuck!!!

The web is good (could be better) for what the web is.
But the web is not, nor do I conceive it ever being my personal
computing platform.

I do not want to access the web in order to use a word processor,
database, spreadsheet, calendar, to make personal notes, to play games
(non-web-based), to listen to music, to do the many, many things that
are not collaborative in nature.

Squeak could not be the ultimate plugin addressing the issues I
mentioned without there having been written for Squeak a word processor,
spreadsheet, database, calendar, etc. Squeak could not provide those
services if they do not exist. If they do exist in Squeak, then I don't
need the web to use them.

I am all for the web and the many wonderful things it can and will
provide. But for me this isn't one of them.

Jimmie Houchin