[OT]Re: A Review of SqueakNews

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Fri Nov 2 23:47:07 UTC 2001

Doug Way wrote:
> My only random bit of advice is that you might consider not
> putting free CD images online which are *too* recent... that
> might discourage people from bothering to subscribe (since
> they can get it for free), and then you wouldn't make enough
> money to continue operations, which would be a loss for everyone.

I agree with Doug on this point.  I don't know the answer, but whatever
you do, make sure you can continue publishing SqueakNews.  Free is nice,
but I'd rather have something available for a price than have nothing at
all.  Judging by the product, you've put a lot of work into it.

Here's an idea: consider other publications on non-squeak content and
find other people to be the editors of those publications.  These people
could learn the SqueakNews platform for constructing the content of
their publications.

- Stephen