[ENH] a DoitButtonMorph

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Sat Nov 3 00:21:49 UTC 2001

Hi:

Recently I needed a button that would simply do a doit on some code; I hacked up a subclass of RectangleMorph and used that in a demo. It seemed useful enough that I more properly implemented one as a subclass of SimpleButtonMorph. A file-in is attached. It was developed on 3.2 but should ... blah ... .

>From the class documentation:
----------
I am a button, like SimpleButtonMorph, except that I evaluate a string when pressed. I can be used to add buttons on the screen wherever you want, and which do most anything a DoIt will do. The Halo menu lets the label and doit string be changed when you wish.

	DoitButtonMorph new openInWorld

Useful variations are:

	DoitButtonMorph new
		label: 'Open Selector Browser';
		doitString: 'SelectorBrowser new open';
		openInWorld

and, to exit a project:

	DoitButtonMorph new
		label: ' ^ ';
		doitString: 'Project returnToPreviousProject';
		openInWorld