etoy space invader tutorial (alpha)

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Sat Nov 3 23:52:25 UTC 2001

Couple more comments...if you increase the number of ticks per second
for the animation, it makes the game play much smoother.  However, if
you add a lot of aliens, this may really slow things down.  IIRC, in the
original game, all the alien move together and drop together.  The whole
idea was that you wanted to eliminate columns (rather than rows) first,
so that the alien took longer to traverse the width of the screen.
Maybe moving all the aliens together in a single tick would make the
game play more responsive.  Also, the bullets take a long time to add to
the world.  Maybe there's some way to speed that up.

- Stephen