SWIKI runs an applet

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 00:55:08 UTC 2001

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl wrote:

> under IE not solved (original works, copy not even not the complete copy of
> the original page, but the applet from Franz did work, must be something in
> that applet?

It could be, but usually if an applet's  not going to work you'll get a
security warning from Microsoft (if, that is, it's an IE issue).

With my example, the correct method/code (to work the Felix Franz way)
is to make a new page the swiki way, upload the class file to that page
and then edit the page to something like:

<applet codebase="uploads/62/" code="HelloColourSwirl.class" WIDTH=610
HEIGHT=60>
</applet></p>

where the uploads/62/ represents the page in question and the WIDTH and
HEIGHT attributes are those for the applet (these are not strictly
necessary, but generally they'll help pretty things up).

On my system this gives an applet within the Swiki window.

(You might like to try grabbing Felix's class file and seeing if it'll
work on your system.....;-)

I might have a go with the applet you're trying to run later on tonight.

Cheers

John
--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep