NT sound problem

Ed Heil uncorrected at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 12:25:26 UTC 2001

I didn't see this in the archives, I'm hoping somebody's seen it
before.  I'm running Windows Squeak on my NT box at work, and the
*second* time any sound plays on it (not the first, just the second),
I get an error message popping up that says "The specified device is
already in use.  Wait until it is free and try again."

The area on the bottom of the screen where the text message popped up
thereupon becomes useless and unclickable, and no more sound ever
comes out.

Anyone know a way to fix this problem or turn off sound entirely?

Thanks.

"A. We're not evil.  B. We're not an empire."
 --Steve Ballmer of Microsoft, lying through his teeth
Ed Heil ....................... uncorrected at yahoo.com