Compaq iPAQ 3130

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Nov 9 06:35:24 UTC 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Bruce ONeel wrote:

> 	Is this one of the ones which works well for Squeak?  Someone
> here is selling them very cheaply, though, it seems they are
> 16 gray levels and not color.  Does it work well with Linux
> as well?

Ooh, is someone selling a number of them?  Perhaps a deal I could get in
on? I'd be interested in it if that's the case...

I can't say I've tried Squeak on one of these jobbies yet, but I imagine
it'd work fine.  Same version of WinCE, and it also runs Linux fine.  In
an email, Jim Gettys told me that the port works fine, but doesn't have
nearly as many users as the color iPAQ version.  Intimiate runs on this
model, but as Mr. Gettys said, it's not quite as useful, as the 3150 has
only (ha! only...) 16 MB of RAM, where the color model has 32 MB of RAM.
For a stripped down linux and a pretty full featured Squeak image, that
should be enough.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "corporation, n: An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit
          without individual responsibility."        :: ambrose bierce