[updates] 4 + 1

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sat Nov 10 21:52:57 UTC 2001

Folks -

3.2 alpha: Please note the following 4 updates have just been posted

3.1 beta:  Note that 4478 below has been posted for 3.1 as well

	- Dan
------------------------
4475Stack-OM2-tk -- Ted Kaehler -- 4 November 2001
Allow UpdatingStringMorphs to be edited with the target and putSelector are nil.  So we can use it as a number holder in a NumericReadoutTile in a FancyWatcher.
Many fixes to #abstractAModel and #wrapWithAStack.
Added Basic category to Object Tool, changed look of Rectangle, bordered Text, three kinds of number readout.

4476Set-Equal-tk -- Ted Kaehler -- 8 November 2001
Fixes the two bugs Scott reported:
	If you evaluate (Smalltalk = Smalltalk), you'll get a low space warning or a VM low-space crash, because we're truly in infinite recursion here.  This is because Smalltalk itself is one of the values of one of the Associations within itself.
	'=' in Set has another flaw; it deems two Dictionaries equal if they have the same *values* even if their keys are totally different.  Thus, if you evaluate the following in a workspace
	a := Dictionary new.
	a at: 'Frogs' put: 42.
	b := Dictionary new.
	b at: 'Toads' put: 42.
	a = b
you will find that the two dictionaries are deemed equal."

4477booleanOops-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 10 November 2001
Restores a method that was inappropriately removed in update 4473"

4478SUNIT30fixResources-sd