Is a person really free if they aren't free to enslave others? [CSOTD]!

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 13 22:15:35 UTC 2001

"Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, November 8, 2001, at 10:04  AM, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
> wrote:
>
> > It sounds as if you are saying that FSF say that GPL is the only free
> > software license. If that is indeed what you are saying then you are
> > just plain wrong.
>
> Straw man.  Not what I am saying.

1. What do you mean with "Straw man"? I am not familiar with the
expression.
2. What were you saying then? (Honestly wondering) Passage included
again below:

> It is RMS and the GPL true believers here who have adopted and are
> defending to the end of the earth the proposition that their software,
> that their notion of the word "free" is correct, and that nothing else
> is free software,

regards, Göran

PS.
<CSOTD>
"Well, I had to come up with something right :-)? Just do it"
[Sensor anyButtonPressed] whileFalse: [
	Display copy: Display boundingBox from: 0 at 1 in: Display rule: Form
over.
].
Display restore
</CSOTD> DS