Chris Macie's Apple II Smalltalk-80 ( was Re: Access vs. Media )

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Nov 12 14:54:06 UTC 2001

Tinytalk was done by Larry Tesler and Kim McCall (I think as
mentioned, on a Z-80).

Rosetta Smalltalk by Scott Warren is really worth looking at. It was
a beautiful design and made some nice improvements on ST-72. I was
very taken by this system.

Don't forget that the original Alto only had 128K, of which half was
used for the display. ST-72 ran in the other 64K, and many things
were done in it. (Still, Rosetta was an improvement in some important
ways.)

Cheers,

Alan

------