Bug? - Save a project and load it back

Yasuhiro Kurahara kurahara at kobe.hp.com
Tue Nov 13 03:56:09 UTC 2001

Hi!

I want a project to be shared. But I met a defect.
The project have a book and some bookmarks.
It seems a bug, doesn't it?

To see the defect, trace the following:

1) From World menu, open..., then morphic project.
2) Enter the project.
3) From Supplies tab, drag book and place it to an appropriate place.
4) From Supplies tab, drag a morph and place it into the book.
5) On the book, click <> to have more controls.
6) Click + to have a new page.
7) Click << to move the first page.
8) Click the bullet to have a menu, then make bookmark.
9) Place the button to an appropriate place.

Now,

10) From World menu, save project on file...
11) On the dialog Publish This Project, Save on local disk only.

You get a project file named xxx.001.pr, where xxx is a project name.

Next,

12) From World menu, load project from file...
13) Choose the file saved the above. The file is in the directory
Squeaklets.

The project is loaded and opened automatically.

You will see no bookmark button. Instead you see "a SimpleButtonMorph(NNN)
that
was not counted", where NNN is a numerical number.

Why? Is this the result we want? I don't know.

Kurahara