A Squeak PDA

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Tue Nov 13 17:31:51 UTC 2001

  Henrik,

> Mmm, would you care to share your thoughts on this? What would be the better
> machines and why?

  Here is a simple comparison:

http://www.brighthand.com/biz/solutions/new_ppc_devices.html

(Apparently, AudioVox one is OEM of Toshiba.)

  The reason they are "better" than iPAQ is:

  * Casio's PDA and Toshiba's have built in two slots.
    You can add more to Casio with sleeve.
  * It is not shown in the page, but the SD slot of Toshiba
    is SD I/O slot.  Once the SD Bluetooth, SD camera, SD
    GPS or such cards are available, you will be able to use
    them with Toshiba.
  * (8 hours battery life sucks, though.)

  Apart from PocketPCs, Sharp's one has two slot plus
hardware keyboard.

  There are other Handheld PCs such as Sigmarion (NEC's NTT
DoCoMo branded device.)

  More interestingly, take a look at this page

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1687

and follow "Pocket PostPet" link.  As you can see, Alan has
one of those:-)  (I wouldn't say this is "better":-))

-- Yoshiki