Help! Simple SOAP that runs now

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 22:19:15 UTC 2001

"David N. Smith (IBM)" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I've been looking around for a simple implementation of SOAP that I can use to access a SOAP server.
>
> On the SWICI there is one based on the Camp Smalltalk code which is proclaimed not to work and which needs some large prereqs: "VW XML parser and ComSwiki ". I'm not sure why the VW version of an XML parser is needed, nor quite what ComSwici is since the page pointed to never mentions it. This looks like a great work in progress, but not what I need today.

Well, I can't help with the larger (Soap) issue at all, but I'm pretty
sure that ComSwiki is Comanche, the Swiki which runs Minnow. It's
(Comanche, that is) almost trivially easy to set up: 20 minutes tops.
Which is pretty good for a Web Server. Now, as Comanche is essentially
Squeak with a (slightly) different image, it may well be easier than it
first appears.

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki for more details.

Anyway, I've forwarded you posting to the pws list: there may be someone
there who knows their way around Soap.

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211