Bug tracking

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Wed Nov 14 20:50:27 UTC 2001

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 08:55:28PM +0100, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Don't forget JitterBug. It is very simple, only demands Apache as a
> prereq, is easily
> hackable (I have added a bunch nice features to it) uses email and web
> in a neat way.

Sounds neat!  Is this Squeak-based?  I've never heard of JitterBug...

> I have earlier offered to set one up (I managed a JitterBug installation
> at a customer) so just give me the word. I could even do it just to play
> with for starters - no charge. :-)
>
> But I would like to have Doug's "approval" of that first (and others of
> course) since
> I consider him to be the "The Dude" when it comes to bug tracking. Yes,
> I know we talked
> about it on OOPSLA but since you guys keep bringing this up... ;-)
>
> And then when we have JitterBug in place that works it will be SUPER
> EASY to bring JitterBug's reports (since they are just simple files)
> into a future would-be
> Squeak-we-just-can't-help-writing-our-own-because-we-love-doing-tutti-in
> -Squeak-bug-tracking-system. :-)
>
> Just say the word.
>
> regards, Göran
>
> PS. And when I have it working I can always chat with Cees and we can
> move it onto a  Squeakfoundation server. I will even throw in a nice
> howto. :-) DS

Well, testing is near and dear to my heart (it's my "real world" job)
so I've always wondered how I could bring Squeak into the game.  A nice
Squeak-based defect tracker would be great...the portability would come
in handy as I've always run into problems when the upper crust decides we
need to switch to a new platform every once in a while. :)  Plus, integrating
it with a SWiki just seems like the "natural" thing to do..