VW XML Parser was: Re: Help! Simple SOAP that runs now

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Wed Nov 14 23:20:07 UTC 2001

Yes the open source one has lagged behind. My involvement in working with
porting the parser has waned due to:

1. lack of feedback on people using the parsr

2. Difficulty of maintaining multiple versions of the parser in different
dialects.

3. Lack of time

The more I hear about people using the paser the more motivation I have for
dealing with 2 & 3. So if you are using the VWXML parser let me know.

>Speaking of which, it's sorta lagged behind the base VW implementation
>(I've not been to a Camp Smalltalk since). VW has XSLT and XPath support
>too (also open source).
>
>If one is looking for a standard, uninnovative, but complete, XML
>processor, I really think that using the VisualWorks one is the Right
>Thing. It's not particularly painful, it is fairly widely ported, it does
>the job.
>
>Cheers,
>Bijan Parsia.

Roger Whitney              Mathematical & Computer Sciences Department
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720
(619) 583-1978
(619) 594-3535 (office)