Dos Squeak (was: sample new download page)

Chris Grindstaff chrisg at appliedreasoning.com
Thu Nov 15 01:55:05 UTC 2001

Wednesday, November 14, 2001, 8:13:52 PM, Nick Brown wrote:
NB> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:06:17 +0100, Karl Ramberg wrote:

>>I noticed the link to DOS Squeak was dead so a little hunt brought
>>up this link:
>>http://unicavia.com/Squeak/download/dosSqueak.zip
>>
>>Since people from time to time ask for this it's
>>probably good to save a copy of the zip on the squeak ftp
>>And maybe check if it works actually works...
>>Time to dig out those 486 boxes folks :-)
>>
>>Karl

NB> OK, I'm game. I remeber looking for this a while back, just out of
NB> curiosity really, so I downloaded it and gave it a try.

[snip the long detailed explanation]

Hey Karl and Nick,
    I did the Squeak port to DOS long ago and still have the files
    laying around somewhere if you guys are interested, sounds like
    you may already have everything you need.  Don't know if what you
    have contains the sources or not...

    I haven't touched the port in a quite awhile so if someone is
    interested in taking it that would be great.  I haven't looked
    recently but I imagine there is a later version of Allegro around
    that may have improvements.

    Nick as you discovered sound and networking do not work.  I never
    got to that functionality.  Unfortunately as you noticed the port
    is quite dated (Squeak v1.23).

HTH,
Chris
--