continuations

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Nov 15 03:55:57 UTC 2001

Hey,

I'm porting an application to squeak that makes significant use of
continuations.  I've been using the implementation from
http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/unix/old/goodies/
but it's having some issues with exception handling (in particular,
ensure: and similar constructs leave the home context's sender nilled
out, so that after reentering the continuation it's impossible to return
- this seems to be the fault of valueUninterruptably).

Does anyone have a more recent implementation kicking around (Vassili
Bykov mentioned one a while ago but I don't have a current email address
for him), or have enough knowledge of the VM to guide me through a
workaround?

Many thanks,
Avi