OOP isomorphically relating ARPANET

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Nov 18 20:25:06 UTC 2001

Gary McGovern wrote:

> [...]

Thanks Garry: I'll go take a peek.

> Thanks Alan for clearing that up, it might be a while for that to sink in
> and the next question to come up.
>
> It would need to be someone like DARPA that came up with the answer for the
> additional protocol, it would be terrible if a commercial company came up
> with the ideal. Do you think it might already exist in the US satellite
> system ? If so do you think they would release it after a while ? I don't
> expect an answer to that question really.

Look for something like Soap meets Corba meets .Net in Microsoft vs. W3C
slugfest! (Coming to a courthouse near you soon!) My own guess is that
this stuff will be so dependent upon bandwidth and so insecure that
no-one will either be able to afford it or trust it!

Oddly, the US defence community (perhaps in the spirit of ARPA net) have
been good(?) at releasing their stuff under GPL (they're obviously
Communists at the NSA ;-) and snooping software to the Chinese.

Remember the line in Crackers(?):

Blind hacker "I want peace on earth and goodwill to all men!"

NSA General "We're the US Military! We just don't do that kind of
thing!"

Things ain't what they used to be!

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211